Saturday, July 30, 2016

Brevity Is The Soul of Wit, and the Result of Injury

In the interests of remaining consistent with weekly updates, here is another post.

I am now developmentally editing in an official capacity. It's like peer review, only more in depth because I have the entire book to work with instead of a chapter or two. I feel like something of a fraud, since I have written no book of my own, but I have read a lot and know a technical thing or two about theory. I can tell when something is or is not working for me, and why. Usually. I also can sometimes come up with a way to fix it or make it better. Or more to my liking, anyway. My chief concern has been trying to keep my own voice out, or at least down to a dull roar. We will, of course, keep you all posted.

The fairy idea has also secured a vote. I'm working on fleshing that out beyond setting.

And finally, the reason this post is succinct in comparison to my typical, long winded pomposity, I dislocated my right shoulder and sustained a Hill-Sachs lesion. Thus, I am typing exclusively with my left hand. And now I am tired of it, so I will stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment