Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Treading Water


Post graduation, I had every intention of updating the blog every Tuesday, but between caring for and bussing my beautiful but wounded wife to and from work, and looking after my two kids, and not coming up with anything specific to talk about, meeting my deadline is more difficult than I previously thought

I have been reading “Watchmen,” watching “Stargate: Atlantis,” and pecking away at my own work. Atlantis has reminded me how good, personable characters can save a weak plot. Alan Moor’s work verifies that multiple points of view inside a single narrative can be effective, even desirable. Maybe I’m strange for enjoying time spent with Rorschach, but we couldn’t get the whole story with only his point of view and besides, it’s good to take a break from him every once in a while. He’s an intense fellow.

Meanwhile, I recently finished editing a piece on the inoculation conspiracy. Hopefully it will appear in a university magazine, but not in time to pad my resume for the job hunt. C’est la vie. Guess I’ll keep plugging away at my fiction and see where I land.

No comments:

Post a Comment